There are a ton of ways to get people to sign up for your email marketing newsletter or specials. Here are just a few that you MUST be doing. These are all simple and easy to execute and will have immediate impact at little to no cost.
1. Put an offer on the back of your business cards to get people to sign up for your newsletter. Give something in exchange for the email.
2. Include a newsletter sign-up link in your signature of all of your personal emails.
3. Just ask. Send an opt-in email to those in your address book asking them to join your list where your information would be relevant.
4. Join your local chamber of commerce, email the member list (if it's opt-in) about your services with a link to sign up to your newsletter. In my town, the chamber has to send this out for you for a fee of a couple hundred dollars.
5. Give employees cash for obtaining email addresses.
6. Use freebies. But to get the FREE stuff, you have to opt-in to your email list.
7. Offer specials that are exclusive to those signed up to receive your emails. Make the offers bigger and better than others are eligible to receive.
8. Put a fishbowl on your counter or a local restaurant and do a weekly prize giveaway of your product - then announce it in the newsletter. Add everyone who puts their card in the fishbowl onto your newsletter list.
More ideas from our Business Partner: Constant Contact List Building for Success - Constant Contact
What's been the best method for you?
David A Moore is a cross-media marketing junkie fueled by Mountain Dew. His habit is supported at Advantage Printing, a commercial print and marketing service provider serving churches, nonprofits and small businesses.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidamoore