Newsletters have a proven track record for keeping you and your audience in touch, establishing and maintaining your credibility, and publicizing your organization to the community. But who says a newsletter must be 8 ½ x 11?
If your business is looking for a creative way to communicate big business ideas with small business terms, a postcard newsletter may be the perfect solution. By boiling a standard newsletter down to the most important and relevant information, an unconventional postcard newsletter will grab attention and save dramatically on design, print, and postage.
Here are a few tips on how to create a postcard newsletter your audience is sure to love:
- Create a newsletter-style "nameplate" just like you would with a full-sized version with name, date, contact info, etc.
- Make the overall design look like a newsletter – use short headlines with brief stories in news format.
- Provide valuable information or tips.
- Use quotes to present important information and add visual interest.
- Choose quality graphics to tell the story and make the postcard more appealing.
- Use a call to action. Encourage the reader to call for more info or direct them to a specific link on your website that expands your story.
- Consider including a coupon or special offer to track the postcard newsletter response.
- Don't forget all contact information.
- Ask about postage costs as they will vary with size of chosen card.
- Be sure your mailing area design conforms to postal regulations and the paper meets requirements.
If you want some help creating a compact postcard newsletter that produces results, call me. We'll put our heads together, determine what you need, and develop an attention grabbing newsletter postcard that your readers will look forward to receiving again and again.
Advantage Printing is a commercial print and marketing service provider serving small to mid-sized businesses, nonprofits and churches.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidamoore